2020 Virtual Combined SENTAC/AERODIGESTIVE SOCIETY meeting-expect more details soon
A Letter of Intent (LOI) must be submitted as a Microsoft Word document to
firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 pm CST, September 18, 2020, and an LOI is required to
submit a full application to the Aerodigestive Society. You will not be penalized for submitting
an LOI and then deciding not to submit a full application. Recall, the Aerodigestive Society is
currently funding exceptional projects along the following lines of inquiry:
1. What data are meaningful in the classification, diagnosis and management of dysphagia as it relates to aerodigestive dysfunction, including shallow laryngeal clefts?
2. How does the Aerodigestive Team model add value to patient care—as a whole, and as a sum of individual parts?
3. What is significant in the diagnosis and management of chronic airway inflammation (examples include biomarkers of airway inflammation, microbiome dysregulation, eosinophils in the airway, pepsin, lipid-laden macrophages).
If your abstract submission to the combined SENTAC-Aerodigstive Society meeting seeks to
answer one or more of the above questions, or if you are otherwise engaging in research that
fits into this framework, please note—Aerodigestive Society Research Grants may be used to
fund pilot study, augment an existing project to increase its chances of garnering sustainable
funding, or to fund critical research assistant infrastructure.
The structured LOI must include the following:
1. Project Title
2. PI contact information and education
3. Institution affiliated with the research
4. Other sources of funding (If applicable, other sources should be listed)Start date and end date
5. Project Summary/Abstract (2,000 characters max. including spaces. Text only; no special characters or formatting).
6. Selected 'Focus Area' that aligns with one or more of the three 2020 Aerodigestive Society funding aims
Upon submitting a structured LOI to email@example.com, you will receive an email
confirming its receipt and detailing the next steps in the grant application process within 72
hours of LOI submission.
Grant Funding Timeline:
1. September 18, 2020: LOIs due
2. October 1, 2020: After reviewing of LOI documents, selected projects will be invited to submit a structured Aerodigestive Society Research Grant application.
3. November 1, 2020: structured grant applications due.
4. December 4, 2020: Aerodigestive Society Research Grant award winner announced at the Combined SENTAC/Aerodigestive Society 2020 virtual meeting.
Thank you for your interest in aerodigestive research!